Note that all these rules also apply to roleplaying over Private Messages. People found to be breaking the roleplay rules in their private messages will be subject to the same punishments as those who break these rules in the roleplay boards.
These new rules will affect everybody who uses the boards on Chickensmoothie. Please read through and make sure your roleplay topics adhere to these rules.
- 1 Image rules
- 2 Romance
- 3 Pregnancy
- 4 Animal romance/pregnancy
- 5 Violence/fighting/gore
- 6 Self Harm/Suicide and Mental Health Issues in Roleplays
- 7 Banned themes
The power of written roleplay is that you are only limited by your imagination. This is what makes roleplay so interactive and unpredictable. We don't believe you should rely heavily on drawings and photos to define your characters or setting. Heavy use of images has made the roleplay boards difficult to manage in the past, so we have limited the number of images you can use. This also includes the use of decorative images. Once the appearance of a character sheet becomes more important than the writing the purpose behind roleplaying is getting lost.
Like the rest of the site, all content should be child-friendly. If you're using images for your roleplays they need to follow these rules:
- No personal photos - it breaks our privacy rules to share photos of yourself or your family and friends
- No nudity, including those with strategically covered breasts/crotch. Males can be shirtless.
- No images of people in sexually suggestive or flirtatious poses
- No images of people with focus on the breasts/crotch/butt
- No images of people who appear to be undressing or with clothes suggestively slipping down
- No images of people in skimpy underwear/swimwear or see-through fabric - however some images may be acceptable if the clothing has reasonable covereage and the pose is not sexually suggestive (example).
- No images of excessive blood/gore/horrific injury
Image and Link Limitation Rules
- You may only post one reference picture per character, unless they are a shape-shifter and then you can add one picture per species/form. If you want to describe different outfits, hair styles or accessories then do that in writing. Do not post secondary images or link to extra images.
- Please do not make image collages or animations to get around the 1 image per character rule.
- Your reference picture should be no more than about 600px on the longest side, as large images make browsing difficult. Large animated gif files may be removed if the file size (in mb) is too large.
- Your reference image should either be something you personally own the rights to use (such as a drawing you made), or something which is widely distributed online for fan use such as celebrity/movie images, famous models, or TV characters. Remember this only includes official artwork/images such as gifs or screencaps from shows, not fanart drawn by other people.
- Please pay careful attention to the source of anime-style artwork, as many of the anime images found online are not available for free use. If you want an anime style reference picture please remember you may only use official artwork such as gifs or screencaps from shows, not fanart or original designs made by other artists. The only exceptions are if you have the artist's permission, or you drew the image yourself. If you recieved special permission from an artist to use their drawing you need to credit the artist well visibly and provide evidence of the permission given.
- You should never use someone's personal art/fanart/photography/characters/fursonas which you found on Google search or on websites like deviantart, tumblr, furaffinity, Chicken Smoothie and related image sharing websites unless the artist/photographer gave you permission to use it, or said that it was for anybody to use.
- Please do not link to videos (eg: YouTube) in your character forms for things like theme songs or voice examples.
Roleplay Descriptions and Introductory Posts
You should only use 1 image per post in your roleplay's introduction (Introduction, Rules, Characterlist, ...).
- You should only use 1 image (max) per setting that you wish to describe for your roleplay - for example one picture of the highschool, one picture of the city, one picture of the sports field.
- Any character references posted on the main post should follow the same rules of only containing one image per character.
- Please do not make image collages or animations to get around the 1 image per roleplay description/introduction rule.
- Your pictures should be no more than about 600px on the longest side, as large images make browsing difficult. Large animated gif files may be removed if the file size (in mb) is too large.
- Any text-images or roleplay descriptions used should be created specifically for the roleplay. Copying text and images from other roleplayers is not acceptable behavior.
Font images from sites such as 1001Fonts and FontMeme allow people to make cool headings and subheadings in different fonts
- You may use font images for a heading/subheading of your character sheet or roleplay introduction posts.
- You should not use font images for additional 'decorative' purposes such as quotes or song lyrics.
- You should not use those for every roleplay post you make, as posting images repeatedly is considered spam.
- Images which only serve decorative purposes are not permitted to be used in either your character forms or roleplay topics.
- Please do not make image collages or animations in order to include decorative images.
Special Formatting for Reference Sheets and Roleplay Topics, Common Names and Images
We sometimes get reports complaining that someone has stolen their layout or "form". Unfortunately you cannot copyright your particular layout of bb code and font colors. We encourage everyone to design their own roleplay layouts, but there's nothing we can do if someone else's font color, alignment, size and placement of images looks suspiciously similar to the formatting of your own posts. It's quite possible that the same design may have been thought of independently and it's not worth getting upset about it.
We also sometimes get reports about character "theft" if someone else starts using the same reference image that you use, or the same character name. If you own exclusive rights to the image then you should report anyone else who uses it, but if it's just something random you found online then you don't own it and you can't stop anyone else from using it. If your character name is particularly unique then you can report the person who you believe stole it and give us any information to explain why you think they stole it. However, if your character is just named something like John or Taylor then there's nothing unique about that and anyone can use that name.
Once you've posted your character reference and been accepted into a roleplay, you can start posting!
- Avoid repeating information/pictures in posts.
- Your post replies in roleplay topics should not contain any links or images (including font images).
- Please do not decorate your posts with repeating text such as information from the character's ref sheet. Keep your posts tidy and simple so that they're easy to read and search for.
- There is one exception here: You are allowed to include a link to your character's reference post.
Roleplay content must be child-friendly at all times. This includes content in private messages and invite-only or 1-on-1 roleplays.
Mature roleplayers who want to roleplay descriptive romantic and sexual scenes may find our rules too strict. If that's the case, then you must find another website to roleplay on. We will not tolerate rule-breaking here no matter how old you are or how willing your roleplay partners are. Users who break these rules may get board warnings, lose posting abilities in the roleplay boards, lose the ability to send PMs, or may be permanently banned from CS depending on the severity of their behavior. You can be banned instantly without any prior warning if you are found to be involved in descriptive sexual roleplaying.
- Kiss on the lips, innocently. Or on the forehead/cheek.
- "Go to a room alone for a while" without any further description or implication about what they're up to, i.e., a 'time-skip' or 'fade to black'
Characters MAY NOT:
- Be naked (partially or fully) around other characters
- Kissing must not be "deep", involving tongues and nibbling/biting/chewing is not allowed.
- Kissing the neck/chest/stomach or other body parts is not allowed
- Erotic groaning/moaning is not acceptable.
- Hands should not touch the chest, groin, buttocks, thighs during a romantic scene.
- Suggestions or implications that sexual activity has/is about to take place cannot be made.
- "She smiled gingerly and gestured at the other room, "want to go somewhere quieter?" is acceptable.
- "She smiled gingerly and gestured at the other room, "we'll be needing the privacy..." is not acceptable, for example.
- Sexual abuse and forced sexual activity is NOT acceptable to roleplay or imply under any circumstances. It also cannot be a written or implied part of a character's history. Roleplaying as either the victim or the perpetrator of sexual violence are both equally unacceptable.
- Relationships between an adult and an underage teenager/child is not allowed - for example, there cannot be relationships between teachers and their students.
- Incest in any form is unacceptable.
As Chicken Smoothie is largely full of children and teenagers, most of our roleplayers are under 18. Because of this, we feel that it is necessary to set some limits on pregnancy roleplays. The "age of consent" in most countries is age 16 - 18, which we have used to set age limits for these roleplays.
Characters Characters who are at least 18 years old MAY:
- Be pregnant, or become pregnant in a roleplay. However, it is not okay to describe or roleplay scenes of how they became pregnant.
- Give birth during a roleplay, but the birth scene should be "time-skipped" or "fade to black". Descriptions of a person physically giving birth is not acceptable.
- Breastfeed their baby, but this shouldn't be overly descriptive
Characters Teen Characters aged 16 or 17 MAY:
- Be pregnant in a roleplay or have already had a baby when the character is introduced. However, they may not fall pregnant during a roleplay. There shouldn't be any descriptions of how they got pregnant, including implications of sexual abuse.
- Breastfeed their baby, but this shouldn't be overly descriptive
Characters Characters MAY NOT:
- Imply that pregnancy was forced, result of abuse, or otherwise seriously unwanted.
- Be pregnant or have had a baby when they were under the age of 16
- Be a pregnant/mother character who has a listed age of 16+ but "looks like a child" - this will be considered an attempt to evade the rules and make a younger character pregnant
Animal characters MAY:
- Lick or nuzzle each other affectionately
- Be described as having mated with another animal to become pregnant - without any further description of the mating process
- Be pregnant and give birth - but the birthing scene should not be described in any great detail
- "Go somewhere quiet to be alone for a while" without any further description or implication about what they're up to, i.e., a 'time-skip' or 'fade to black'
Characters MAY NOT:
- Roleplay or mention "forced mating" or unwanted mating in any sense, as either the victim or the aggressor, under any circumstances.
- Mention or imply that they were mated or will be mated without their consent
- Characters may not have gruesome or descriptive mating or birthing scenes
Violence is common in role-plays, as most characters get into a fight sooner or later. However, like the rest of Chicken Smoothie we want all content to be safe for children to view. Fight scenes may not be overly violent, graphic, disturbing or gruesome.
- There should not be descriptions of excessive blood/gore or serious bodily injuries.
- There should not be descriptions of sadistic violence where a character takes pleasure in the victim's suffering, whether described by the aggressor, victim or onlooker.
- Sexual violence of any kind is never acceptable to roleplay or imply, whether described by the aggressor or the victim
- Ongoing and unprovoked abuse is not an appropriate roleplay topic for CS, and will not tolerated.
- A character may not be physically abused without any explanation/provocation, nor can there be a relationship between two characters that is purely centered around an 'abuser' and an 'abused'.
- This includes a ban on all "slave/master" relationships where one character repeatedly emotionally or physically abuses or oppresses the other.
- get into minor fights and scraps that do not end in very bloody/gory scenes, such as slapping/scratching/punching/kicking and then walking away with only minor bruises and scratches.
- have implied (PG) violence in their character history, as long the mention and description of it is not overly detailed and inappropriate.
- Implying a history of sexual abuse is NEVER ALLOWED.
- get into implied violence "off-screen" that is not described in an inappropriate or detailed manner.
- suffer death or serious injury as a result of a fight/attack, as long as it is not described in gruesome detail during the fight or in recovery (e.g. a character may * go to hospital to be treated for broken bones, or an animal may lick its wounds, but without gruesome descriptions of their injuries or how they happened.)
Characters MAY NOT:
- Get into scenes which describe actions and details to a level that would be inappropriate for children and sensitive users to read.
- This includes overly descriptive or graphic scenes involving excessive blood, gore, serious injury, and death.
Self Harm/Suicide and Mental Health Issues in Roleplays
- Suffer from depression or other mental disorders, as long as it does not cause them to do anything overly drastic/inappropriate or behave in an offensive way.
- Have a HISTORY of self harm. However, NO details of this may be roleplayed or described, and they can not be in this state of mind presently.
Characters MAY NOT:
Be suicidal or self-harm/cut. Thoughts of self-harm and suicide are NEVER acceptable to mention ANYWHERE on the site.
Roleplays which take place in mental hospitals or which are centered around mental disorders will no longer be allowed. It is okay for a regular roleplay setting such as a highschool romance roleplay to contain a few individuals with mental disorders, but that should not be the major focus for the roleplay.
We have some extra rules against certain themes which we don't believe are appropriate for roleplaying on Chicken Smoothie. If you want to roleplay these topics, please find a different roleplay site to do that on.
Banned subjects/themes in all roleplays:
- Sexual abuse - including in character histories. Characters can not be victims or aggressors of sexual violence. This can not be implied or mentioned at all, in any way, ever.
- Slavery and forced servitude - including any and all slave/master relationships or relationships centering around an "abuser" and "abused". Characters can not imply that they are being forced to do something against their will or that their needs and desires have been emotionally suppressed in favor of serving another person.
- Puppy/dog mills -puppy-Mill roleplays are specifically about forced matings. Although it might not always be focused on, it doesn't seem possible to roleplay something like that without making reference to the fact that some of the animals are being bred against their will.
- Dog-Fight -are specifically about violence, so as necessary subject matter they contain continuous violent scenes or emphasize the resultant gruesome injuries. By 'dog-fight' we refer to roleplays where dogs are forced to fight one another - e.g. by locking them in a cage together. It doesn't include roleplays where (for example) two dogs hate each other and in one scene they end up fighting over something like a territory dispute.
- Mental asylums/hospitals
- Creepypasta -by the very nature of creepypasta content they fail to follow our rules on violence and gore.
- Teen pregnancy/pregnancy as the main plot